Before a Vacation
- Hold your mail and newspapers delivery or have a neighbor remove and hold it for you. Also, have someone shovel your walkway if it snows or cut your grass if it becomes overgrown. These are signs that the homeowner is not there.
- Have a timer placed on interior and exterior lights to give the impression that someone is home. You can also have a timer set for a television or radio to create noise.
- Do not indicate on your answering machine that you are away.
- Keep your blinds in their normal positions. Newly covered windows are an indicator that you’re away.
- Notify your security company of the dates you will be away.